About Your Stay
As individuals begin their rehabilitation, they and their families often have many questions and concerns. Our team of specialists is here to help address these issues - and make each patient’s stay with us as productive and successful as possible. To ensure the comfort and safety of all of our patients, we offer this general information.
Please be sure to inform your Select Rehabilitation Hospital physician about any prescription or nonprescription medications you take regularly, including dosage, frequency and the condition for which it is prescribed. While we do receive a copy of your drug regimen upon admission, we want to review this with you to ensure that everyone involved in your care clearly understands your needs. Your Select Rehabilitation Hospital physician will prescribe and monitor any additional medications you may require during your stay.
Individuals who have their own wheelchairs, walkers, canes, braces or other aids should bring them. Please be sure to label such items clearly with your name and indicate "personal property." Note that Select Rehabilitation Hospital is not responsible for the maintenance and/or upkeep of personal items, or for any loss of or injury from this equipment.
The care and safety of our patients is our top priority. We ask that everyone – patients, family members and visitors – help us to maintain a safe environment by following the guidelines posted throughout the hospital. This includes asking a staff member for assistance when a patient needs to get in or out of bed, the bathroom or a wheelchair; checking with a nurse before bringing any food or beverages to a patient because of possible food restrictions; and washing their hands before and after patient contact.
Your feedback about safety issues is important. Please notify your nurse or therapist about any concerns you may have or speak with your doctor, case manager or our hospital administrator so that we can address any issues promptly. Finally, please be sure to complete the “Patient Satisfaction Survey” and the section on "Safety" so we can continue to improve the care and services we provide.
The support of family and friends is important to the rehabilitation process and we encourage visitation. We recommend scheduling visits later in the day, so patients can focus on their therapy. Note that family and friends are not allowed in treatment areas, unless they have been asked specifically to participate in a training or education session.
Select Rehabilitation Hospital offers care-related interpreter services free of charge for patients with limited English proficiency. Information about this service is available through the Speech Department or the hospital’s Administration Office.
Many of our patients find their religion to be a great source of hope and healing, particularly at this time. Your family's spiritual advisor is always welcome to meet with you during visiting hours or we can try to arrange a visit with a local clergy.
We request that you set up a laundry schedule with family members or friends to keep your clothing and personal items fresh and clean.
Select Rehabilitation Hospital Policies
Our security staff is on hand to ensure the safety of our facilities. While most rooms are equipped with locking drawers and cabinets, we advise you to leave any valuables, credit cards, checkbooks or large amounts of cash at home. If you need to have certain items available to you, you may check them with the security office for safekeeping. In addition, for the safety and security of all patients, visitors and staff, no weapons, firearms or ammunition are permitted inside our building.
Select Rehabilitation Hospital is a tobacco-free campus. The use of any tobacco product (cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, etc.) within our hospital or on our grounds in strictly prohibited. Similarly, no candles or devices with open flames are permitted.
Alcohol and Drugs.
The possession or use of alcohol and/or illegal drugs is not permitted under any circumstances and will subject patients to discharge. Medical testing is mandatory in cases of suspected substance abuse. If an individual wants counseling for drug or alcohol dependency, we can provide a referral to an appropriate health care professional.
In-room television service is provided and televisions are also located in public areas for your enjoyment.
Each patient room offers local phone service. Long-distance call will be billed accordingly. The use of personal cell phones is also permitted. Unless it's an emergency, please ask that family and friends call after your treatment hours.
You may use cell phones, laptops or personal music/video players in your room or in appropriate public areas. However, such items are not permitted in the therapy gyms. In addition, you may use hairdryers, electric shavers, etc. for your personal needs. These items must be inspected and tagged by our staff. Please note that Select Rehabilitation Hospital is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Mail is delivered daily, except Sunday and holidays. Outgoing mail can be dropped at the nurses’ station or main reception desk.
Select Rehabilitation Hospital participates with Medicare and is contracting with most managed care, workers' compensation and other insurance providers. We recommend that you or your representative speak with your insurer or employer if you have any specific questions about your coverage. We also ask that you provide your insurance cards to us to ensure accurate claim submissions.
You may be responsible for the cost for transportation to an acute care hospital, outside physician or other healthcare provider during your stay at Select Rehabilitation Hospital. Such charges may or may not be covered by your insurance. For more information, please speak with your case manager.
Questions about billing should be directed to our Central Business Office at 888.823.8940.
If, during your stay, an ethical issue arises that you and/or your family or caregiver(s) would like help in resolving, contact the Administration Office.
Policies and procedures
For questions about any Select Rehabilitation Hospital policies or procedures, please contact the Administration Office.
Copies of your medical records can be obtained by submitting a written request to our Medical Records Department. In accordance with state law, a fee may be incurred.
We value the relationship we have with our patients, a relationship that is based on mutual respect, understanding and cooperation. It is the foundation on which the rehabilitation process is built and on which we deliver care. To optimize your recovery and make your stay at Select Rehabilitation Hospital as rewarding as possible, we ask that you abide by the following guidelines:
- Please provide staff with all relevant information necessary to develop and implement your plan of care and to help ensure the coordination of your insurance and medical benefits.
- You are encouraged to ask questions about your plan of care and staff support of your rehabilitation. We believe that an informed patient is the cornerstone of a safe and effective care environment.
- Depending on your insurance coverage, you may be responsible for a portion of your bill for services provided. You are obligated to fulfill your financial commitments.
- Remember that for the comfort and safety of all of our patients, staff and visitors, Select Rehabilitation Hospital is a smoke-free, drug-free and alcohol-free campus.
- Please be courteous and considerate of other patients and of our hospital staff. We ask that you assist us in maintaining a quiet healing environment and respect hospital property.
- Our patients are expected to be active participants in the rehabilitation process and follow the agreed upon treatment plan and clinical instructions. Skills learned in your therapy sessions, particularly those related to activities of daily living, should be applied and practiced on the nursing unit, in dining/public areas and other related settings as recommended by your physicians and therapists. Each patient accepts the consequences of his/her informed participation in the agreed upon plan.
- Observe posted visiting hours and visitor rules. Note that an exception will be made and a special pass will be provided for a family member or other caregiver who is participating in a training/education session.
- Under certain circumstances it may become necessary to transfer you to another room within our hospital. We ask for your understanding and cooperation and apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Discharge is scheduled for 10:00 AM. If for any reason, you are unable to leave at this time, please understand that your room may need to be prepared for another patient. In that case, your belongings will be held for you in a secure area.